The Oxford University Malaysian and Singaporean Students' Association (OUMSSA) aims to:
1. Provide information and assistance to Singaporeans who are studying at or wish to apply to the University of Oxford.
2. Unite Singaporeans at Oxford and create opportunities for bonding
3. Connect Singaporean students with companies
4. Promote interest in and understanding of the unique cultures and identities of Singapore
OUMSSA organises numerous events throughout the academic year, including socials, talks and networking events. We frequently work with other societies in the University of Oxford as well as Singaporean societies in other universities throughout the United Kingdom and beyond. An annually elected executive committee coordinates activities in OUMSSA. The Committee comprises the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and 4 Committee Members.
The profile of the society’s members is extremely diverse. We have a diverse group of more than 200 undergraduate and postgraduate students pursuing qualifications in a variety of disciplines. Our members: 1. Consists of undergraduates, MPhil and DPhil postgraduate students; 2. Read subjects as varied as Law, Biochemistry, Politics, Philosophy & Economics (PPE), Engineering Science and Geography;
3. Have diverse interests and talents outside of academia: among us are internationally ranked debaters, avid mountaineers, professional musicians, as well as athletes who have competed at every level up to and including the Olympics.